Charlestown Public School

Excellence Success Opportunity

Telephone02 4943 4063 or 02 4943 4137


Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. The School Finder shows our local enrolment area. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol 

Contact us when you’re ready to enrol your child in our school. You may need to attend an interview with the principal. There you can discuss any medical conditions or other special circumstances before your child starts school. We may also complete a risk assessment on the enrolment.

For more information, visit primary school enrolment.

Charlestown Public School's Student Enrolment Protocols and Procedures can be accessed here.

Please scroll down for information regarding Enrolment for Kindergarten.

The application form must be completed in English. However, a translated application to enrol may help you to fill out the form in English.

Out-of-area enrolments

As outlined in the department’s enrolment policy, our school may accept enrolments from outside our local enrolment area if places are available.

We will assess applications for non-local enrolment on a case-by-case basis.

Temporary visas and international students

For information about eligibility and forms to complete, visit the Temporary Residents Program.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.

We can help you with your enrolment enquiries anytime throughout the year. Please phone 4943 4063 during school hours


Kindergarten Enrolments for next year

Starting school

Your child can start Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if they turn five on or before 31 July in that year. By law, all children must be enrolled in school by their sixth birthday.

Kindergarten Orientation program

Begins with invitations posted to all parents who have registered their details at our school.  To register, please phone the school office on 4943 4063 during school office hours 9am-3:15pm.

If you are an existing parent please fill in the Kinder Next Year EFORM in Skoolbag to register your child's details.

Introductory meeting

A  one-on-one introductory meeting with you and your child and our Principal or Assistant Principal will be held in August/September.

Orientation day

Usually in October (date to be confirmed).  Additionally there will be two transition afternoons on Fridays usually in November (dates to be confirmed) to allow children to attend a Kinder class for the last hour of the day.

Documentation required

When enroling in a NSW Government school for the first time the following documents will need to be sighted:

  •  your child's birth certificate or identity documents
  • proof of student's address - originals of different documents such as your council rates notice or residential lease or electricity bill
  • Immunisation history statement based on the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR)
  • family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable).

If your child is not a permanent resident you will also need to provide:

  • passport or travel documents
  • current visa and previous visas (if applicable).